Kurt Kraehmer made his Monster Jam debut in 2018 as part of the Hall Brothers Racing Team. Kraehmer started with a fill-in ride in Raminator in Salinas, California and drove Hotsy in Tulsa that year. In 2019, he again drove Hotsy before finding his way into the team’s Rammunition in 2020. Kraehmer has bounced between the trucks in the 2022 season.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Graphic design – sketching, drafting and layouts. Rock concerts, exercising, engine building and riding my motorcycle.
- Who are your role models?
Carlton Fisk of the White Sox, Bob Chandler, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and CM Punk.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I call my wife on the phone, talk with my crew and take a breather.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
My favorite memory is winning a team motor sport event alongside my friend overcoming a two on four deficit to win.
- What’s your most prized possession?
My motorcycle. It’s a red, 1998 Buell M2 Cyclone.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best part about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam is being able to compete amongst my peers and sometimes even my teammates. Not to mention the great Monster Jam fans that I have had the pleasure of meeting. They are the real reason we are all here. The worst thing? Well, I don't know if there really is a worst thing… but there are challenges. Many times, that means late nights followed by early mornings.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
While on the road I like to be able to have fun with my teammates, crew and the crew chiefs. They make this all possible.
- How do you keep fit?
I keep fit on the road by making healthy eating choices, finding time to exercise and always moving.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
I cannot live without some form of music while on the road. I love to jam out when I can.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
My favorite city to travel to has to be Chicago as that’s where I got my start!
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I am making my competition debut in Monster Jam with Hall Brothers Racing driving the Hotsy truck. This is where it will all begin.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
My advice to kids that want to be become a Monster Jam driver is to stay focused in school, learn all the skills a future Monster Jam driver will need along the way and never, ever, for any circumstances give up!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
My greatest memory in Monster Jam hasn’t been written yet.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
I look up to all of the veteran drivers that have seen the sport develop from its early days to where it is today.
- Where did you grow up?
Homer Glen, Illinois
- What major city is it near?
- What high school/college did you attend? What degree did you receive?
I attended Marist High School and Governors State University where I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice.
- Do you have any nicknames?
Warm machine and Amazing Kurtis
- What’s your favorite movie?
Days of Thunder – it really spurred my desire to race.
- What’s your favorite television show?
Scrubs, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Sons of Anarchy
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
A good cheeseburger and fries
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
My family and friends would describe me has the funny jokester as well as being very serious when I need to be.