Hometown : Currituck, North Carolina Started Competing in Monster Jam : 2017 Birthday : May 16
- 2021 Save of the Year
- 2022 Arena Series Central Champion
- 2022 Rising Star of the Year
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
When I’m not hanging out with my family, I’m at the beach with my friends or in my hobby shop drawing or painting.
- Who are your role models?
My biggest role models would have to be my parents. They are both extremely hard working, supportive, respectable and they have raised me right.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
Call Dad! When I have any questions, I look to my dad. He gives some of the best advice. After I get off the phone with him, I walk the track, scope out the obstacles, strap into my seat, clear my head and have quite time.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I was planning on going to college to study studio art and graphic design. My plan was to pursue a career in Monster Jam as a graphic designer for the Monster Jam trucks!
- What is your favorite memory on or off the race track?
When I received my Grave Digger jersey with MY name on it.
- What is your most prized possession?
My bag full of make up.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing about being on the road would be meeting new fans and seeing old ones every weekend. I get to be with my fellow athletes and new friends too. The worst part is being away from home.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Hang out with the team on my tour.
- How do you keep fit?
My fellow athletes keep me motivated on the road by going to the gym with me. While I’m home I go to the gym in town.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My phone to stay in contact with home and my make up bag because I’m a lady!
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
Monster Jam is all I know. I was born into the sport through my dad. An opportunity opened up for me to drive in 2017 and I took it!
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Getting to carry on my family’s legacy.
- How would you describe your driving style?
I'm an Anderson… you never know what you’re going to see!
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
No dream is too big. Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t do something because of your gender, age, race, etc., because you can! Work hard, stay focused and follow your heart… it will take you far.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
My dad and brothers, of course.
- Do you have any nicknames?
My friends and family call me “Krustacean.” When my oldest nephew Wade Anderson was learning how to say my name, he called be “Aunt Krustacean.” His favorite toy for a while was the Crushstation Hot Wheels truck. He knew the name of every Monster Jam truck and every drive by the time he was two so when it came time to say “Aunt Krysten” it came out, “Aunt Krustacean.” It was so funny so we put a ‘K’ on it and it just stuck.
- What’s your favorite movie?
That’s tough… I love comedies.
- What’s your favorite television show?
Ridiculousness or Impractical Jokers – it has to be funny.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
Seafood. My dad makes a mean Carolina shrimp boil.
- How would your friend and family describe you?
They would say that I am kind, super funny, down-to-earth, creative and slightly competitive.