Bryce Kenny was able to parlay his skills as a professional drag racer into an immediate threat to win any Monster Jam competition. Getting his start in 2016, Kenny recorded his first Freestyle win in his first year. Kenny earned the 2019 Save of the Year and 2021 Outreach Award. The driver of the Great Clips Mohawk Warrior has also played a role in Monster Jam TV coverage.
- 2019 Save of the Year
- 2021 Outreach Award
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Spending time at the lake is the easiest way to shred the stress from my weekly travel schedule! How could I possibly be stressed on a jet ski?
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I give my crew chief a fist-bump, take a knee to pray, then tap on the truck body twice before I climb up into my truck to strap in!
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I played Division 1 soccer at Campbell University before a career-ending injury at the end of my sophomore year stopped my pursuit of playing professionally.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the race track?
I grew up on our family-owned dragstrip in Clay City, KY. In 2010, I went back to that dragstrip and successfully completed my Top Fuel licensing pass and set the track record in the process. It was an emotional night for my whole family thanks to our history there in the community!
- What is your most prized possession?
I have a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 that I purchased from my uncle in 2003 and restored. It's been in our family now for 3 generations since 1983. It has turned into an heirloom! With a fresh motor rebuild, it's ready for another 50k miles of burning rubber!
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
I have such a love/hate relationship with the airline industry. On one hand, it's amazing that we get to fly all over the country doing what we love. On the other hand, when your airline travel gets messed up, the level of anxiety seems unprecedented! The best part about traveling everywhere is seeing the tourist sites that you read about but never make specific plans to go and see.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I'm a purveyor of nachos! Local suggestions? LET ME KNOW
- How do you keep fit?
I have to occasionally say NO to nachos, much to my chagrin.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My iPad with downloaded Netflix shows for the plane
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
I've always enjoyed Nashville for the downtown scene and cuisine. My family usually gets to travel with me since we can drive there from NC, so it's always a special weekend.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I met Morgan Kane at Campbell University before either of us drove for Monster Jam. A few years later, I left professional drag racing, and Morgan connected me with Monster Jam.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
The idea of "taming the bull" is very real. When you're trying to control a truck weighing 12,000 pounds, anything can happen. The feeling after you pull off a stunt that defies physics is unmatched!
- How would you describe your driving style?
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
There's no secret formula to get into any form of motorsport. I'd strongly encourage aspiring drivers to focus on a marketing degree or business degree specific to the racing world. The future belongs to those that understand how to be an ambassador and mouthpiece, not just a skilled driver.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Winning the 2019 Save of the Year Award was so incredibly special. To pull off the save in Houston that won our team that award was such a combination of luck and skill!
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Cam McQueen is someone that I have always admired for both his driving ability and his passion to influence others inside of our Monster Jam community. He makes everyone around him better, and if I can accomplish that at some point in my life, I will have lived with a purpose.
- Where did you grow up?
High Point, NC
- What major city is it near?
- What high school/college did you attend?
High School - Wesleyan Christian Academy. College - Campbell University
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
A stubborn dreamer with the right appetite for risk to live life in the fast lane. Maybe that could be on my tombstone one day?
Bryce Kenny GALLERY
STADIUM SERIES RED
POINTS THROUGH JAN. 29, 2023
|1||Camden Murphy||Bakugan Dragonoid||189||-|
|2||Bryce Kenny||Great Clips Mohawk Warrior||165||-24|
|3||Adam Anderson||Grave Digger||161||-28|
|5||Jamey Garner||El Toro Loco||149||-40|
|6||Cole Venard||Black Pearl||142||-47|
|8||Kayla Blood||Soldier Fortune||127||-62|