Virginia native Travis Mowery joined Monster Jam in 2018 as driver of Zombie for Mente Motorsports. He is a second-generation monster truck driver, having spent his youth as a crew member of his father’s team. Mowery describes his driving style as “hard, aggressive and technical.” He joined Team Throttle Monster at the start of the 2022 season, having previously raced for his father-in-law Darren Migues.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I like to spend my free time with family & friends, working in the shop building things, shooting and anything that goes fast!
- Who are your role models?
My grandfather Roger, Tyson Fury, Dustin Poirier, and Eminem.
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I like to strap in a few minutes early, relax and calm the nerves, say a prayer, and get ready for an awesome event!
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I am a second-generation driver and that I also compete against my wife.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
My favorite memory would be spending two weeks out on the road with my dad racing with him being my crew guy as I was for him when we raced when I was younger.
- What is your most prized possession?
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing about traveling is all the great places you get to see along with the people you meet. The worst would be the mental and physical drain it has on the body.
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Explore new places and try new food and things.
- How do you keep fit?
Eat healthy, stay active and good habits.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
A map or my phone. Technology makes life easier traveling!
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Cardiff, Wales, UK. A lot of unique places and things to do!
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
Brazil, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, UK, and Canada.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I’ve been a fan for as far back as I can remember. I used to travel when I was younger with my dad and his monster truck and knew that’s what I wanted to do when I got older. Throughout the years I raced RC cars at the Diggers Dungeon with a lot of people involved in the industry while working with teams at shows, helping any way I could putting time in and I eventually worked my way to a driving position.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Seeing all the great people and fans!
- How would you describe your driving style?
Hard, Aggressive and Technical.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Never give up on your dreams, don’t be afraid to put the work in and stay focused!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Being a part of the Zombie nation during my 2018 rookie season competing in Stadium Championship 3 with many seasoned veterans finishing 8th out of 14.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Coty Saucier, Tom Meents, The Andersons.
- Do you have any nicknames?
Trav, TMow, TPain.
- What’s your favorite movie?
Remember the Titans.
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
Any good Steakhouse.
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Happy, hardworking, honest guy.
STADIUM SERIES RED
POINTS THROUGH JAN. 29, 2023
|1||Camden Murphy||Bakugan Dragonoid||189||-|
|2||Bryce Kenny||Great Clips Mohawk Warrior||165||-24|
|3||Adam Anderson||Grave Digger||161||-28|
|5||Jamey Garner||El Toro Loco||149||-40|
|6||Cole Venard||Black Pearl||142||-47|
|8||Kayla Blood||Soldier Fortune||127||-62|