2023 Truck ThunderROARus 2023 Tour Arena Championship Series Central Hometown Lucinda, Pennsylvania Date of Birth January 17
Tony Ochs is a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Army with four combat deployments and a total of five overseas tours. He is a certified Apache helicopter technician. Prior to the development of the Soldier Fortune Black Ops Monster Jam truck, he was the stunt motorcycle crew chief for Marvel Universe Live! Ochs proudly represents the military in his appearances across the country. In 2023, Ochs will pilot the new Monster Jam truck ThunderROARus on Arena Championship Series Central.
- 2019 Arena Freestyle of the Year
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I enjoy ATV riding the most. My whole community lives to ride! I also like to operate equipment and big rigs! I’d love to get into restoring old big rigs. I enjoy pumping iron and playing a video game now and then. Most importantly I love spending time with my little girls!
- Who are your role models?
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
Anything I can do to relax and calm my nerves. The best driving is done with ice in the veins.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I am a US Army veteran with five tours overseas. I was an Apache attack helicopter crew chief.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
My favorite Monster Jam memory would be when Krysten Anderson won the 2022 Arena Championship. To be able to share that moment and celebrate was a very fun and emotional time for all of us. It was as if we were just holding our breath for 15 weeks, and we were finally able to breathe. That was a fun celebration that evening!
- What is your most prized possession?
I don’t consider possessions in that light so I’m not entirely sure what to say. My excavator would have to be considered my most prized possession because it has the highest return on investment.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
I think the best thing is that I get to discover a new city every week. Sometimes I find myself in a familiar city and it brings back all the memories from the previous year or the year before in that location. I like to find the hidden secret, hole in the wall, ma and pa restaurants with the best food. The only bad things I can think of is when travel arrangements are disrupted due to whatever reason. That really can throw a wrench into my plans. Also, if I get sick, it’s not very fun.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
There isn’t a lot of free time, honestly. Usually, whatever free time I have is used catching up on sleep!
- How do you keep fit?
I just built a home gym in my finished basement for convenience. After the birth of my little girls in the last two years, it’s been a real challenge to actually go to my local YMCA. I’m pretty excited about the home gym because I can run in and pump iron or hit cardio at any spare moment without leaving the house. I’m looking forward to the time when I can take both my girls to the YMCA and let them partake in all the fun activities!
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
Definitely a noise canceling headset for the airplane rides! Also, I have to have my inflatable cot. Those seem to be a popular valuable item among a lot of people on tour!
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
There are a couple that stick out in my mind just because of the scenery. Spokane, WA, is one of them. Victoria, BC, Canada is another one. Anywhere with beautiful scenery!
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
I have visited Canada, Saudi Arabia, and Dominican Republic with Monster Jam. I’ve also visited the United Kingdom and Ireland with Feld Entertainment’s Marvel Universe LIVE!.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I started as a start motorcycle technician with Feld Entertainment’s Marvel Universe LIVE! From there, I started my Monster Jam career in the Soldier Fortune Black Ops Monster Jam truck.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
My favorite part is seeing all the kids’ faces light up to the sight and sounds of these crazy Monster Jam trucks! Secondly would be getting the opportunity to hang out with all my Monster Jam friends.
- How would you describe your driving style?
If you figure that out, you let me know!
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Continue to follow your dream. Set small attainable goals, with the big picture in mind. Set goals and achieve them over and over! That is your key to success!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Sharing in the celebration of the 2022 Arena Championship was by far the best!
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
I say my buddy, Bari Musawwir! The best dude in Monster Jam, hands down, would give you the shirt off his back and never steer you wrong!
- Do you have any nicknames?
My family and friends at home have called me Ants since I was born.
- What’s your favorite movie?
Top Gun (both of them)
- What’s your favorite television show?
Any good war documentary, especially Ken Burns documentaries
- What’s your favorite color?
Dark American Walnut!
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
I have so many favorites! Pizza, of course, venison chops, love a good Philly Cheesesteak!
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
Whichever one is open after the late event!!!
- How would your friends and family describe you?
That depends which ones! Quiet, laid back, and conservative…or loud, boisterous, and opinionated! Depends who you ask! Haha
Tony Ochs GALLERY
ARENA SERIES CENTRAL
POINTS THROUGH MAR. 26, 2023
|1||Brandon Vinson/Matt Cody||Grave Digger||886||-|
|2||Jon Zimmer Jr.||Terminal Velocity||816||-70|
|3||Zack Garner||Wild Side||692||-194|
|5||Coty Saucier/Brandon Arthur||Dragon||629||-257|
|6||Brandan Tulachka||Just Get Er Done II||547||-339|
|7||Jamie Sullivan||Monster Mutt Dalmatian||451||-435|