Tom Meents is a veteran competitor of Monster Jam and the most-decorated Monster Jam competitor in history, winning 14 World Championship titles throughout the years at Monster Jam World Finals. A former championship mud racer, Meents has been called upon to perform innovative stunts throughout his career. Known as “The Professor”, Tom helps train upcoming drivers at Monster Jam University.
- 2000 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2001 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- 2001 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2002 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- 2002 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2004 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- 2006 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- 2008 WOW Factor of the Year
- 2009 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2009 WOW Factor of the Year
- 2009 Donut of the Year
- 2010 Crash Madness of the Year
- 2011 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2012 Monster Jam World Finals Racing Champion
- 2012 Crash Madness of the Year
- 2013 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- 2013 Save of the Year
- 2014 Save of the Year
- 2015 Stadium Save of the Year
- 2016 Stadium Donut of the Year
- 2017 Donut of the Year
- 2018 Donut of the Year
- 2019 Monster Jam World Finals Two-Wheel Skills Champion
- 2019 Stadium Championship Series 1 Champion
- 2021 Extreme Air of the Year
- 2022 Stadium Series Red Champion
- 2022 Monster Jam World Finals Skills Challenge Champion
- 2022 Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Champion
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Fabricating on mechanical things
- Who are your role models?
People who overcome personal difficulties by having a great attitude.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I remind myself to always have fun so the Monster Jam fans will enjoy the show.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
At one time, I wanted to join the Marines. I have a great respect for all military personnel.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
The day I started to make a living by driving Monster Jam Trucks.
- What is your most prized possession?
My 1972 4x4 Blazer
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
I love to see all the fans I remember. The worst is missing memorable family events.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Find amazing spectacular scenic views
- How do you keep fit?
I work out with a personal trainer 5 days a week.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Any different city that I have never seen before
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I followed my unachievable dream as a 10-year-old, and I never gave up.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Giving the Monster Jam fans a performance they will never forget
- How would you describe your driving style?
Chaotic, destructive, and for the Max-D fans
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Be ready to work hard, never give up, and drive with your heart.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Getting to brighten the days of people who face difficult challenges
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
The amazing young talent that I get to work with at Monster Jam University
- Where did you grow up?
- What major city is it near?
Chicago, Ill. and Indianapolis, IN
- What high school/college did you attend? If applicable, what degree what did you receive?
Paxton High School
- Do you have any nicknames?
Max-D, Mad Man Meents, and Hollywood
- What’s your favorite movie?
Any action movie with huge car stunts
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Crazy and caring