“Downtown” Randy Brown is a veteran competitor in Monster Jam, beginning his career in the early 2000s. Brown has achieved three Monster Jam tour championships behind the wheel of Grave Digger in 2017, 2019 and 2020. He came to Monster Jam from the truck pulling world and describes his driving style as “smooth… until it’s time to not be!”
- 2017 Arena Tour 4 Champion
- 2018 Crash Madness of the Year
- 2019 Arena Championship Series champion
- 2020 Arena Series Champion
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Wakeboarding, working on old cars and relaxing in Aruba.
- Who are your role models?
My father, grandfather, Gary Porter and people who work hard to accomplish their goals.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I just try to relax by joking around with the other competitors.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
My home improvement skills.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
The birth of my two daughters and all of the moments traveling the world with my team.
- What’s your most prized possession?
My home and boat.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing is getting to visit different cities and venues. The worst is being away from my family.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Experience something unique that the particular city has to offer.
- How do you keep fit?
I workout at least four days a week and try to eat as healthy as possible while on tour.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My iPad and Sonicare toothbrush.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Wherever I am headed to next because it’s always a new adventure.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
When I was involved in truck pulling, I was able to meet drivers like Gary Porter, Dennis Anderson and Scott Stephens. I decided to buy a truck and start racing. The rest is history!
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
The tough competition and being in control of such a massive machine.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Smooth… until it’s time not to be!
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Work hard for what you want and don’t wait for someone to hand it to you. Learn every aspect of the sport. It WILL make you a better driver.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Any time I made a difference in a fan’s life.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
My crew, because of the heart and soul they pour into keeping my truck running at its best.
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
Sons of Anarchy
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
Anything Mexican or Texas Roadhouse
- How would your friend and family describe you?