2023 Truck Earth Shaker 2023 Tour International Hometown Nol, Sweden Birthdate August 14
Peter Nyman made his debut with Monster Jam in his home country of Sweden in 2010, driving Thor for an event in Stockholm. He returned to Thor for an event in Arnhem in 2011 and began to be a frequent competitor. Before his driving days, Nyman got involved in 2004 driving a ride truck and explored becoming a crew member. In 2018, Nyman scored his first Racing win with a victory in Cardiff while driving Earth Shaker and added a Freestyle win later that year in Chorzow, Poland. When not racing, Peter likes to spend time working on automotive projects.
- What are your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I love to ride things that have an engine, be it cars, jeeps, ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles, big trucks or other machines. For the last few years I have spent most of my spare time working with or on my 1957 4x4 Volvo TP21 "Sugga" with my friends and family.
- Who are your role models?
My mother and father, but also my grandfather who has helped me enormously in recent years.
- Do you have any pre-race rituals?
I have several. I always study the track as much as possible and work with my crew on my truck to make sure it is in the best possible condition before going out. Plus I like to sit in the truck for a while to get my thoughts in the right place and I always end up pulling the straps as tight as possible.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
Winning my first ever Monster Jam Racing event in Cardiff, UK in 2018! To win in front of over 40,000 screaming fans and also in front of the cameras was truly indescribable!
- What is your most prized possession?
My 1957 Volvo TP21 "Sugga"
Life on the Road
- What's the best and worst thing about being on the road with Monster Jam every weekend?
The best thing is to meet great people all along the way and see all great countries and cities! The worst part is being away from friends and family back home. And that sometimes you miss things that happen at home.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time when you’re on the road with Monster Jam?
The amount of free time depends on how much work has to be done, but in my spare time I usually chill with the Monster Jam family, sightseeing and exploring new things.
- How do you stay fit?
I try to go to local gyms as much as possible, but it's not always easy to find the time. I have found boxing to be great for my core, which is very important for a Monster Jam driver.
- What can't you be without when you're on the road with Monster Jam?
A toothbrush and some clothes, and I'm off.
- What is your favorite city? And why?
So far I've loved every city I've been to. They all have their own unique atmosphere and people, which makes every city special. But my favorite city for racing is my hometown of Gothenburg in Sweden.
- How did you get into Monster Jam?
When Monster Jam first came to Europe in 2004, I was involved because I gave tours with the TMNT truck. Then in 2005 I was invited to come to the US to explore the possibilities of becoming a crew member on one of the teams. In 2010, I had the chance to drive Lars Larsson's Thor truck at my first Monster Jam in Stockholm. I also rode Thor in Arnhem in 2011. In the years that followed, I mainly focused on my academic career until the 2018 European Monster Jam tour when I got the chance to drive again!
- What do you love most about driving at Monster Jam?
Three things, the adrenaline rush, the excitement and the fans!
- How would you describe your driving style?
I would prefer to describe my driving style as planned and controlled chaos. That's what I strive for, but it's easier said than done.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Follow your dreams, believe in yourself, always do your best, and get the best out of yourself!
- What is your best memory as a Monster Jam driver?
I have so many good memories, but if I had to choose I would go for my win in Cardiff, UK, 2018!
- Who’s been your biggest inspiration in Monster Jam?
In a way I am inspired by all the drivers. I spend a lot of time studying their tricks via social media before trying them out myself. But, the drivers of Grave Digger, Max-D and Monster Energy have inspired me the most.
- What is your favorite film?
It really depends on what I want to look at at any given time. I like many different genres, so it's hard to pick just one.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite food?
Homemade meatballs with blueberry jam, mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Which restaurant do you prefer to eat at when you are on the road?
I don't have a real favorite; when I'm on the road I often try out local restaurants
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Outgoing, sociable, down-to-earth, friendly, sometimes stubborn and competitive.
Peter Nyman GALLERY