Hometown : Ogden, UT Birthdate : April 17 Started competing : 2003
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Camping, hunting, fishing, dirt bikes, and vacations by the ocean (cruises)
- Who are your role models?
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I pray before every event for me and my competitors. My gear, belts, helmet etc. all have to go in a certain way, and in a certain order or I start over
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I think a lot of people don’t know that I’ve helped my stepdad Kreg Christensen build over 20 race trucks. I’ve competed in Australia several times, Canada, and Mexico. I started driving in 2002. I somewhat “retired” from driving for several years other than driving in Australia a couple times a year. During that time, I started several companies, including a construction company, and several home health franchises. I always had in the back of my mind that when my businesses were solid, I would build my own trucks and have my own team. I feel like somewhat of a “rookie” on the Monster Jam tour. In a short few years Team Throttle Monsters has grown to six trucks and takes pride in having good equipment and drivers that can compete at the highest levels. We want to win. That’s our goal. I enjoy the success of my teammates as much or more than my own success. They all have the green light to try and win each and every time they compete. We are truly a “team” and enjoy each other’s successes
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
Favorite on-track memories are probably all the places and people I’ve been able to meet over the years. Many fans have become good friends. Favorite off-track memory is probably when my children were born. Especially my daughter. I have two boys, Ashton and Kamdyn, and one daughter McKenzie. Something about having a daughter changed me for the better. I found a piece of my heart I didn’t know existed
- What is your most prized possession?
My family, and my integrity
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing is being in a new place every weekend and getting to perform on the biggest stage in motorsports. Meeting new people and associating with the other drivers. It's a family away from home. I don't really have a worst thing about it
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
We don't have free time
- How do you keep fit?
I work out at our company gym. I also try eating healthy, but I do love comfort food
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Anaheim. It’s one of the first stadiums I ever did back in 2002 or 2003. The first time I pulled in there it was sold out and there were so many camera flashes going off I was start struck. I remember thinking I’m in one of the biggest vehicles in Motorsports. Yet I felt so small at that point in time
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
Canada and USA
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
My stepdad Kreg Christensen gave me the opportunity to drive
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Competing at the highest level against the best in the world
- How would you describe your driving style?
I would say I try to keep big air, momentum, and throw in some wow moments
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Follow you dreams, come up with a solid plan, and keep your sights fixed on your goal. Don't give up
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
So far it would be displaying at the World Finals in I think 2003 or 2004 and dreaming about competing at the World Finals one day
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Tom Meents. I admire how he has been able to adapt his driving style to all the changes we’ve seen in the sport, and he’s still one of the best
- Where did you grow up?
- What major city is it near?
Salt Lake City, UT
- What high school/college did you attend?
Graduated Mountain View High School in Mesa, Arizona. Went to Weber State University in Ogden for one year
- Do you have any nicknames?
BJ Johnson nicknamed me Conan at a Monster Jam show in Pueblo, Colorado. We had two trucks broke and we're thrashing to get them back together
- What's your favorite movie?
- What's your favorite television show?
Yellowstone or Blacklist
- What's your favorite color?
Blue and silver
- What's your favorite thing to eat?
Ribeye steak and king crab
- What's your favorite restaurant on the road?
Depends on where I'm at. If I'm close to an ocean it's seafood. If I'm in the Southwest it's Mexican food
- How would your friends and family describe you?
I'm not sure. I would hope they would describe me as a loyal friend