Myranda Cozad loves being behind the steering wheel, be it an ATV, drag racing car or her Scooby-Doo Monster Jam truck! Myranda started her career in 2016 and says her driving style “has become more and more aggressive. I love to get big air and keep the fans on the edge of their seats!”
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Racing, racing and more racing! Drag racing and ATV’s. Motorsports are clearly my life.
- Who are your role models?
I have always looked up to my parents. They are my best friends and have been the best role models I could ask for in every aspect of life.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
Not necessarily, but before every show I call home to tell my family that I love them. Talking to them helps calm my nerves. After that, it’s go time!
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
When I’m passionate about something, I won’t stop until I succeed. Oh, and I’m terrified of spiders!
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
There have been so many great memories so far in Monster Jam but the very first memorable experience would have to be when I was in the truck for my first show, coming out onto the track and hearing the crowd go wild. That was such an amazing moment in my career.
- What is your most prized possession?
Definitely my racecar.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What’s the best and worst thing about being on the road with every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best part of being on the road is the entire experience as a whole. Seeing my Monster Jam family, traveling to new cities, competing in events, and of course meeting all of the Monster Jam fans! The worst part about being on the road would have to be when flights get delayed.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to go to the gym during my free time on the road to make sure I stay fit and ready to compete.
- How do you keep fit?
At home, I like to go on bike rides and go to the gym. I also like to ride my ATV whenever I get the chance. It helps keep me in shape while also helping me keep my ATV riding skills sharp for when I’m on tour.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
I pretty much pack my entire closet when I leave town, but I’ll never forget my hair straightener.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
There are so many cool places I’ve been to. One place that I absolutely loved was Austin, Texas. It was so beautiful and the weather was amazing.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I met Madusa at a show and I expressed to her how driving a Monster Jam truck was a dream of mine. She took me under her wing and the rest was history.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Seeing the excitement in the Monster Jam fans’ eyes. The passion they have is absolutely incredible.
- How would you describe your driving style?
It has become more and more aggressive. I love to get big air and keep the fans on the edge of their seats!
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Always believe in yourself, work hard and stay passionate.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
My first Monster Jam Pit Party. Meeting all of the dedicated fans brought my dreams to life and showed me that, that was the best part of our job.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Madusa was a huge inspiration to from day one for me. She’s a great advocate for women and has paved the way for us here in Monster Jam. She’s an all-around great person and role model.
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
The Fast and Furious series
- What’s your favorite television show?
The Walking Dead
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friend and family describe you?
They would describe me as big hearted, sarcastic, genuine, loyal, dedicated and passionate about what I love.