As a second-generation racer, Mike Christensen has been around Monster Jam trucks most of his life. When he finally got the chance to compete at age 18, he made the most of it, driving several trucks such as Iron Outlaw, Batman and Monster Energy. He has been able to start touring full-time with his own truck, Vendetta.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I love all types of racing, football and traveling the country with my family from show to show
- Who are your role models?
My dad (Kreg Christensen)
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I strap in my truck the exact same way every time. Helmet and HANS, climb in, belts, gloves, steering wheel, then go time!!
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I started driving trucks at the age of 15. Worked for several teams throughout my career, until my brother Paul and I created our own team of Team Throttle Monsters
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
Favorite memory most definitely would be traveling across The United States, Europe, and Central America meeting new fans and seeing different cities
- What is your most prized possession?
My wife and my four daughters!
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
Best thing is making my history in stadiums and arenas all over the country. Worst thing is not having my wife and daughters with me all the time
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Favorite thing would be getting a round of golf in and trying to keep my trucks in top-top shape
- How do you keep fit?
Hahaha fit!! Well round is a shape, so I guess I'm in shape. It’s the hardest to eat healthy on the road, you're always under a time crunch and in a hurry, so eating healthy sometimes isn’t on the plate. We try to, but sometimes it’s hard to make the best health decisions.
- What item(s) can you not live without wile traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
White Monsters and some jerky sticks
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Anaheim, California. I’ve had many great memories watching my dad perform there. I’ve gotten the chance to perform there, and I landed my first ever backflip in Angels Stadium. Driving into that stadium brings a whole new atmosphere into driving.
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, England, Spain and Poland
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
2022 will be 30 years of my dad, Kreg Christensen, in his Dragon Slayer. I’ve been practically born in raised in the sport. Owning his own trucks for many years and once I turned 18, I got my shot to drive in Monster Jam. I’ve driven other trucks such as Iron Outlaw, Batman, and Monster Energy in events at Monster Jam, but this year will be my first full time tour in my very own Vendetta
- What is you favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Performing in a stadium with 60,000 screaming Monster Jam fans, trying to place my footprint in the sport
- How would you describe your driving style?
I would say I’m an old school driver. I love racing, I would rather win racing competition than anything else, but freestyle I try to run hard, be technical and perform at the highest level my truck will allow me to perform at
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Work hard, get a great education, keep pushing forward and never let anything stop you from reaching you dreams
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Greatest memory would be landing my very first backflip in Anaheim stadium with my wife present. A memory I will never forget
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Adam and Ryan Anderson, Todd LeDuc, and Tom Meents
- Where did you grow up?
- What major city is it near?
Salt Lake City, UT
- What high school/college did you attend?
Fremont High School
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What's your favorite movie?
- What's your favorite television show?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's your favorite thing to eat?
Jalapeno popper chicken
- What's your favorite restaurant on the road?
Buffalo Wild Wings
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Very open minded, have zero problem speaking my mind. Hard working and dedicated to my family