Born and raised in Costa Rica, Mark List started competing in Monster Jam in 2015 behind the wheel of the popular El Toro Loco Monster Jam truck. He began his driving career in international competition, but won his first event in Sunrise, Florida, in 2016. His involvement with Monster Jam actually started as a member of the dirt crew responsible for building the competition tracks, operating the heavy equipment necessary for the task.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Spending time outdoors, working out, mountain biking, kite-surfing, going to the race track.
- Who are your role models?
My dad for sure is my number one role model! But there are a few other people out there that motivate me and be better in every way!
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I like to walk the track and talk to the other drivers. It helps to calm the nerves sometimes we just start telling jokes and that helps to remain calm!
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
That I been building tracks for Monster Jam for the past 8 years and that I was born and raised in Costa Rica so I'm bilingual.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
Definitely the little fans. One of my first shows I ever did this little kid ran across the whole arena once he saw me and he climbed all the way up to my neck and gave me a true hug! That was the day that I realized how rewarding is my job is.
- What is your most prized possession?
My family and my job!
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
Definitely the worst is missing your true-blooded family and packing, but the sacrifice is worth it because we are building unforgettable memories for us and the fans around the world.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to explore the extreme sport activities that each city has to offer and look for good healthy food.
- How do you keep fit?
I try to eat healthy and work out as much as I can when the time is available.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My music, camera and phone…also my safety gear for racing!
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
That's a hard one to answer because every city has something nice to offer but my top three cities are Costa Rica, Sydney and Barcelona. A number four will be Vancouver, Canada.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I use to build tracks for Monster Jam and I got the opportunity to test in North Carolina about 4 years ago and that was the beginning of my driving career.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
The memories that we are making week after week.
- How would you describe your driving style?
The name of my truck describes my style a little “Loco”… It is a wild driving style, you never know what to expect but for sure it will be an entertaining run!
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Go to school, work hard for your goals, and never give up!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Being able to win the very first event of the 2016 season out of all the tours.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
The Anderson boys and the “Professor” Tom Meents. Also everyone out there… we all learn from each other!
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
I don’t have one
- What’s your favorite television show?
I don’t watch TV
- What’s your favorite color?
Green and blue
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friend and family describe you?