Mark Hall began a career in monster trucks in the early 1990s in a partnership with his brother Tim. He unveiled the Dodge-sponsored Raminator Monster Jam truck in 2002 after previously driving a truck called Executioner. Outside of Monster Jam, Hall works as a fabricator and welder at Hall Brothers Racing, sometimes even manufacturing driveshafts for various Monster Jam trucks.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I enjoy a lot of different sports and I try to play guitar regularly.
- Who are your role models?
My mom and dad.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I try to do everything the exact same way every show. Everything from how I climb into the truck to how I put on my safety gear.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
Most people know that when I’m not driving a Monster Jam truck, that I’m a welder and fabricator at Hall Brothers Racing. But, they don’t know some of the stuff I make. I weld and make a lot of the normal stuff. For whatever reason, I think driveshafts are really cool. So I make a lot of those and even make some for other Monster Jam trucks.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
The last race my dad got to see me run before he passed away. We were fortunate enough to win that night. It was a fun special night.
- What is your most prized possession?
My family and friends.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
Best thing is the travel and seeing different places. Worst thing is being away from home. I enjoy the travel, but it’s also nice to be home.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to see different places and meet new people.
- How do you keep fit?
I try to watch what I eat and spend some time on the treadmill and stationary bike whenever I can.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
Tools! Seems like you can never have enough of those on the road.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
It’s hard to pick just one. I like them all.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
We were always into 4-Wheel drive trucks. My dad announced truck and tractor pulls in the old days, so we kind of grew up at motorsport events.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
The competition, the events and the fans.
- How would you describe your driving style?
I’d like to think consistent, smooth and aggressive.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Work hard, stay focused and dream big!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
I’ve had so many great memories. It’s hard to pick out just one.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
I look at all these guys and girls. They are all good people and very trusting folks. They all are inspiring in different ways.
- Do you have any nicknames?
I don’t have any nicknames. I sometimes do get called all kinds of names!
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
Chili cheese dogs
- How would your friend and family describe you?
Hard working and driven.
ARENA SERIES WEST
CHAMPION: TRISTAN ENGLAND
POINTS THROUGH May 14, 2023
|1||Tristan England||Earth Shaker||1429||-|
|2||Elvis Lainez/Brandon Arthur||El Toro Loco||1320||-109|
|3||Krysten Anderson||Grave Digger||1171||-258|
|5||Bailey Shea||Monster Mutt Dalmatian||776||-653|
|6||Ashley Sanford/Brandon Arthur||Megalodon||749||-680|