Having served in the Louisiana National Guard, Kayla Blood represents the military by piloting Soldier Fortune. Blood initially started out by competing in ATVs before making her debut in the Monster Jam in 2016. Her husband Blake Granger also competes behind the wheel of Max-D!
- 2019 Arena Donut of the Year
- 2022 Donut of the Year
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Going to the motocross track with my family and racing on the weekends.
- Who are your role models?
Tom Meents and Madusa
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
When I get in to my truck and strap in before a show, I have so many emotions running through me, so saying a prayer and thinking about my little boy and what I can do to make him proud calms me down, humbles me and keeps me grounded.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I currently hold the LSU Louisiana High School state record for the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.2
- What is your favorite memory on or off the race track?
When my truck was racing into Sam Boyd Stadium for the 2016 Young Guns Shootout and just being a part of something so great!
- What is your most prized possession?
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing about being on the road is being able to travel the world and see new places. The worst part is the airport!
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to explore the area that I am in.
- How do you keep fit?
My son and I love to run together at the park. Other than that, I like to get some rounds in on the punching bag.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
After Monster Jam was able to see what I was capable of on an ATV, I was asked to test drive a Monster Jam truck and see how I liked it. After progressing and learning how to handle the 1,500 hp beast, I was given my very own seat in El Toro Loco.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Interacting with all of the awesome fans and being an inspiration for all little girls aspiring to do what I do.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Aggressive and always giving it my all.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Set goals for yourself, get involved in some form of a motorsport, create a resume and be sure to put it all out there. Stay positive and if one thing doesn’t work out, try something else.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
During training, I pulled off the sweetest move where I hit the wheelie obstacle and the rear end of the truck came all the way up, twisted around and landed perfectly for me to ride a wheel up the face of the jump. I would love to perfect this and make it my signature move!
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
I look up to all of the great pioneers of the sport; the drivers who are appreciative of the new generation and upcoming talent coming in to carry on the success of Monster Jam. The women of Monster Jam who have paved the way for more talented women to fulfill their dreams and give hope to so many little girls who aren’t dreaming big enough, they inspire me too.
- Do you have any nicknames?
My MMA fighting nickname was “Out for Blood.” Other than that, it’s Kay.
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
MTV’s The Challenge
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friend and family describe you?
Easy going, fierce competitor and an awesome mom!
Kayla Blood GALLERY
STADIUM SERIES RED
POINTS THROUGH JAN. 29, 2023
|1||Camden Murphy||Bakugan Dragonoid||189||-|
|2||Bryce Kenny||Great Clips Mohawk Warrior||165||-24|
|3||Adam Anderson||Grave Digger||161||-28|
|5||Jamey Garner||El Toro Loco||149||-40|
|6||Cole Venard||Black Pearl||142||-47|
|8||Kayla Blood||Soldier Fortune||127||-62|