2023 Truck Bad Company 2023 Tour Stadium Championship Series Blue Birthdate March 13 Hometown Hiram, GA
John Gordon started driving Bad Company in Monster Jam in 2018, jumping into Scooby-Doo! the following season. In 2019, he won the WOW Factor of the Year award with his Bad Company. Gordon has won multiple Stadium Freestyle events in the past few seasons.
- 2019 WOW Factor of the Year
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Drag racing - how I got started, riding side-by-sides, mega truck racing
- Who are your role models?
My grandfather, Charles Hardy
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
As I'm strapping in, I say a prayer and take a moment of silence to clear my head.
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I travel with my truck al the time.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
One of my favorite memories is when I was Ryan Anderson's crew chief for Monster Jam World Finals when he won racing for the first time.
- What is your most prized possession?
Life on the Road
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best: Seeing different cities and towns and other ways of life The worst: Living out of a suitcase and being away from friends and family, time away from home.
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
It's always fun to go sightsee in different towns.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Salt Lake City is one of my favorites because of the cool scenery - seeing mountains, canyons, rivers, lakes. I'm also really excited to go to Glendale this year.
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I met the Anderson family through mega truck racing and then started traveling as a technician for them.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
The rivalry on the track but the camaraderie in the pits. Everyone is willing to help everybody.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Wide-open but with a technician's point of view, so somewhat conservative.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Set a goal and focus on it.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
My first Freestyle win at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
One of my inspirations is Jim Koehler.
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What's your favorite movie?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's your favorite thing to eat?
STADIUM SERIES BLUE
CHAMPION: TYLER MENNINGA
POINTS THROUGH May 20, 2023
|1||Tyler Menninga||Grave Digger||642||-|
|2||Ryan Anderson||Son-uva Digger||617||-25|
|5||Cynthia Gauthier||Lucas Stabilizer||413||-229|
|6||Mark List/Charlie Pauken/Chelsea Vancleve/Coty Saucier||El Toro Loco||409||-233|
|7||John Gordon||Bad Company||409||-233|
|9||Chris Koehler||Monster Mutt||391||-251|
|12||Joe Foley||AXE/The Rod Ryan Show||290||-352|