Heavy D made history in 2018 when he debuted BroDozer in Nashville, the first time a diesel-powered truck had competed in Monster Jam. The star of “Diesel Brothers” went on to win Rookie of the Year honors in 2019, a year that saw him win Freestyle in Anaheim and Kansas City.
- 2019 Rookie of the Year
ABOUT HEAVY D
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I enjoy trucks, boating and fishing.
- Who are your role models?
My father, mother, Mike Rowe and The Rock.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I have to eat something.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I am a Mormon and I love classical music.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
The birth of my children.
- What is your most prized possession?
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to try new food wherever I go.
- How do you keep fit?
Lifting heavy truck parts all day definitely helps you stay in shape.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
A beard comb.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Houston, Texas because of the fans and friends I have there.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Trying to beat Tom Meents.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Aggressive with finesse.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Start riding motorcycles because it helps your depth perception and ability to read the terrain.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
The debut of BroDozer.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
Nature's Table Bistro in the Atlanta airport
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Adventurous, driven and unable to sit still.