A fan of Monster Jam® since he was a child, Frank Krmel’s rise through the sport’s ranks is a tribute to his willingness to take on any job at any time, as long as it was advancing him toward his dream of being a full-time Monster Jam driver. His time in the sport of Monster Jam trucks began as volunteer help for Jim Koehler and the Team Scream. It was Koehler who gave Krmel his first chance to drive. From there, Krmel built a reputation as one of the sport’s premier hired guns and a driver who could be counted on to hop into any machine and perform at the highest level. Having driven more than 20 different trucks in his career, Krmel finally got the full-time ride he always wanted when he was tabbed for Donkey Kong in 2007. Then in 2009, he was honored to be selected as the newest driver for the Blue Thunder® team and now he is one of the lead drivers for the Advance Auto Parts GrinderSM Monster Jam truck. Krmel has shown his versatility by becoming an on-camera pit reporter for the Monster Jam World Finals broadcasts, bringing to fans the entire behind-the-scenes scoop at the tour’s biggest event. Frank Krmel returned to Monster Jam in 2023 behind the wheel of Stone Crusher.
- 2009 Extreme Air of the Year
- 2010 Humanitarian Award
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Attending sporting events, grilling out, spending time with friends and family
- Who are your role models?
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I try to relax and get ready for the fun that I am about to have.
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I can't eat oranges. It has to be a texture thing!
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
Snapping Dennis Anderson's streak of 9 consecutive final round racing wins
Life on the Road
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing is spending time with technicians and drivers, seeing new places and meeting new fans. There really isn't a worst thing - I get to drive a Monster Jam truck every weekend!
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
Try new local restaurants
- How do you keep fit?
I try to eat as healthy as possible and stay very active, either walking or hitting the treadmill.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My laptop and ear buds
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
Any city in Michigan. It's my home state!
- What countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
I will probably leave some out, but here we go: Canada, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Chile, Mexico, Netherlands, Abu Dhabi, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Portugal
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I started volunteering as crew for Scott Stephens (King Krunch) and later, Jim Koehler and Team Scream. Avenger was the first Monster Jam truck I drove.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Great places, great people, and adrenalin. To me, that's Monster Jam.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Clean and calculated
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Pay attention in school, listen to your parents and most of all, don't be afraid to work hard!
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
Getting the opportunity to perform in my hometown
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Laid back, loves to laugh
ARENA SERIES EAST
CHAMPION: WESTON ANDERSON
POINTS THROUGH May 14, 2023
|1||Weston Anderson||Grave Digger||1656||-|
|2||Armando Castro||El Toro Loco||1404||-252|
|3||Dalton Widner/Paul Jensen||Jurassic Attack||1278||-378|
|5||Bernard Lyght/Dustin Brown||Megalodon||1112||-544|
|7||Hunter Souza||Earth Shaker||768||-888|
|8||Frank Krmel||Stone Crusher||632||-1024|