Cory Rummell literally built his way into Monster Jam, physically assembling his first Monster Jam monster trucks together from scratch. Working as a crew member for Team Scream, the native of North Jackson, Ohio, got his chance to drive in his native state by debuting in Columbus in 2014. Rummell finally broke through into Monster Jam World Finals by winning the Double Down Showdown. In addition to his driving, Rummell was the 2019 Technician of the Year.
- 2018 Double Down Showdown Champion
- 2019 Extreme Air of the Year
- 2019 Technician of the Year
- 2022 Breakout Driver of the Year
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Mega truck racing, chassis fabrication and racing RC cars.
- Who are your role models?
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
I just like to pre-check my truck and make sure it’s 100%.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
I built my Monster Jam truck from complete scratch. Every weld and tube is from me.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the race track?
Just being able to drive in front of thousands of screaming and happy fans.
- What is your most prized possession?
My mega truck named GOINGDEEP.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best is being able to drive and compete with the best drivers in the industry. The worst part is having to stay up for several days and nights in a row just to make the next show.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I don’t have any free time, it’s all about the trucks to keep them well maintained.
- How do you keep fit?
Just non-stop moving around and tiring trucks up and down.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
My cell phone because we are on the road for months at a time and it’s the only way to keep in contact with friends and family back at home.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
I would say anywhere in Florida because the stadiums are open ceiling and the time of year we compete, it’s cold everywhere else!
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
Just meeting the right people and working really hard and keeping my mind set on a goal.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Driving, it’s my true passion and I love the thrill of sitting behind the wheel.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Wild, crazy and totally unsuspecting.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Keep your head up and don’t ever forget your end goal. Work as hard as you can to get there.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
I am still working on that. I want to be in the Monster Jam World Finals or win a huge event. NOTE: Cory won the 2018 Double Down Showdown and competed in the field for Monster Jam World Finals XIX
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Jim Koehler. I ask him everything and he teaches me so much.
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
Law Abiding Citizen
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Very helpful and knowledgeable.
Cory Rummell GALLERY
STADIUM SERIES BLUE
CHAMPION: TYLER MENNINGA
POINTS THROUGH May 20, 2023
|1||Tyler Menninga||Grave Digger||642||-|
|2||Ryan Anderson||Son-uva Digger||617||-25|
|5||Cynthia Gauthier||Lucas Stabilizer||413||-229|
|6||Mark List/Charlie Pauken/Chelsea Vancleve/Coty Saucier||El Toro Loco||409||-233|
|7||John Gordon||Bad Company||409||-233|
|9||Chris Koehler||Monster Mutt||391||-251|
|12||Joe Foley||AXE/The Rod Ryan Show||290||-352|