2023 Truck El Toro Loco Hometown Nashville, TN Birthday July 6
Chelsea is a rookie competitor in Monster Jam. However, she enters Monster Jam with plenty of motor racing experience. Chelsea graduated Monster Jam University where she got to test drive a Monster Jam truck for the first time. She says she enjoyed learning two-wheel skills and hitting sky wheelies.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Some of my favorite things to do are hang out on the lake with my friends in the summer, hang out at the racetrack or spend time in the race shop working on my race cars.
- Who are your role models?
My parents, they have taught me so much. Between never giving up and always working hard for what you want.
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
When I race, I like to listen to music to get me hyped up. I’m sure I will do the same thing for my first Monster Jam show to get me in the zone and ready for the show.
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
When I was younger, I was a baton twirler and a cheerleader.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
My favorite memory was when I was 12 years old, on father’s day weekend, I won the biggest race of my career at the time. I bought my first race car with all my race winnings that year.
- What is your most prized possession?
My 1320 Scat Pack Challenger
Life on the Road
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
Spending a little time away from home during Monster Jam University was a lot of fun. I got to drive Monster Jam trucks all week, try new restaurants and meet new people along the way. I think the worst thing will be being away from friends and family an extended amount of time, but I’m very excited to see new places.
- How do you keep fit?
I keep fit by strength training and conditioning 4 to 5 times a week.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
I would have to say my skincare products and cozy hoodies.
- Which countries have you visited with Monster Jam?
I haven't been out of the country yet, so I'm very excited that in 2023, I get to go to some very cool places.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I applied for Monster Jam six years ago. I was just looking at my emails one day and there was an email sitting in my inbox asking if I was still interested in joining Monster Jam. I couldn't reply to that email fast enough.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
I have yet to compete in Monster Jam, but during Monster Jam University I really enjoyed learning two-wheel skills and hitting sky wheelies.
- How would you describe your driving style?
I would say fearless. When I first started at Monster Jam University, I felt timid but when I got more comfortable, I felt fearless.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Never give up! I have dreamed about this since I was a little kid, now to be a Monster Jam driver is unreal. If you have a dream, chase it and don't ever give up on it.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
So far only going through Monster Jam University, my favorite memory is learning how to drive these Monster Jam trucks. Working with Tom Meents and all the technicians, through the process of learning everything about the trucks.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Tom Meents, his training skills are awesome. I have learned so much from him.
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
Sushi or Mexican food
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Very talkative and outgoing
Chelsea VanCleave GALLERY