Chad Tingler began attending Monster Jam shows by helping out with show trucks on display during the Pit Party. From there, he helped Randy Brown and that opened the door to a seat in Grave Digger. More recently, the Virginia native has been competing behind the wheel of Stone Crusher and other trucks as part of the Monster Trucks Unlimited team.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
Hunting and riding my Polaris Razor.
- Do you have any ‘pre-show’ rituals you run through?
Nothing too crazy, I just like to walk the track.
- What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
That might be too much to list!
- What is your favorite memory on or off the race track?
Being able to drive during the Grave Digger 25th Anniversary encore at the Monster Jam World Finals.
- What is your most prized possession?
I don’t really have one specific thing.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best thing about being on the road with Monster Jam is being able to meet different fans from different cities around the world.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to explore wherever I am at.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
I don’t have a favorite. I like seeing them all. They all have something fun and interesting about them.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
I started out working with show trucks at Monster Jam events and then was able to crew for Randy Brown for a few years until I was eventually asked to drive.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Being able to see how it has grown from year to year and how the fans enjoy it.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Fun and fast.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Stay in school and get in to some type of a sport. Never give up on your dreams and do what you want!
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What’s your favorite movie?
Days of Thunder
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?