Blake Granger started off with a championship career racing ATVs and that drew the attention of Monster Jam talent scouts. In 2019, Granger was crowned the ATV Racing Champion at Monster Jam World Finals XX. Granger is married to Monster Jam driver Kayla Blood.
- 2019 Monster Jam World Finals ATV Racing Champion
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
In my spare time, I love to travel racing ATV Motocross. I have a passion for racing that drives me to be the best I can be. I also enjoy playing with R/C cars with my children. We have a track to keep the racing drive going in the family. Anything with wheels and a motor gets my attention!
- Who are your role models?
As for Monster Jam, Tom Meents has been my biggest inspiration of all. Seeing him accomplish 11 Monster Jam World Finals championships over my years growing up has always kept my interest and dream of being a Monster Jam athlete alive.
- Do you have any “pre-show” rituals you run through?
I love to FaceTime with my kids for extra inspiration. They light a fire in me that makes me want to go out and be the best role model I can be!
- What is something a lot of people don’t know about you?
My fear of spiders and snakes! I have no fears in motorsports but as soon as I get around those creatures… I run!
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
One of my favorite memories would have to be my first-ever Daytona ATVSX event. I landed on the podium, it was one of the greatest feelings ever.
- What is your most prized possession?
My children. They keep me humble, motivated and hungry for more.
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best part about traveling with Monster Jam is getting to see the world. Nothing beats visiting places I only dreamed of visiting. There’s no worst part. I love my close Monster Jam family and look forward to the years to come.
- While on the road, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
My favorite thing to do is sightsee with the other drivers and crew. I love experiencing new places and trying new foods.
- How do you keep fit?
Being a Monster Jam athlete, I keep busy in the gym during the week to keep my cardio at peak performance. I am always pushing to better myself.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
I cannot live without my phone and fan while traveling. I like to keep in touch with my friends and family and also the noise of my fan to sleep.
- What is your favorite city to travel to? Why?
So far, my favorite place to travel to has been Las Vegas. I love the beautiful architecture and downtown scene. Getting to experience all of the different types of shows is pretty amazing.
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
Being an athlete my entire life, I have chased my dream of being a Monster Jam driver since 2006. Winning six championships, I have also traveled racing Monster Jam Quad Wars. I have used my different talents to work my way in the door at Monster Jam and now have an amazing opportunity of piloting a Monster Jam truck.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
My favorite part is being a role model for kids. Having two of my own, I love to create bonds with children that they will never forget. It’s truly an honor to give these kids the mindset that anything is possible, and never give up on your dreams.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Extremely aggressive. With my background in ATV racing, my skills transferred over to the Monster Jam truck smoothly.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
School first! No matter what or who stands in your way, never settle. Always push to be what you want to be.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
My greatest memory as Monster Jam driver was actually seeing fellow driver Cam McQueen accomplish his corkscrew at Monster Jam World Finals in 2016.
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
The list could go on for days, but to start… Tom Meents and Dennis Anderson. They have taken the sport to a whole new level. I am excited to be a part of the new generation of drivers to keep the excitement and intensity going!
- What’s your favorite movie?
The Fast and Furious movies
- What’s your favorite television show?
RacerTV. I like to keep up with the racing industry worldwide.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Loving, energetic, athletic