Hunter got his start in Monster Jam in 2022, competing in Reno in Wrecking Machine. He wasted no time putting his name in the record books, scoring a win in his first donut competition. The second-generation racer was a youth hockey player who competed with Team USA in the Junior Olympics at the age of 11. His time spent on the road with his father Jeff, who gave Hunter good insight into the life of a Monster Jam competitor. Hunter started traveling at the age of 8 when the opportunity allowed and he used the time to learn about the trucks. He aspires to learn more with more track time and draws valuable knowledge from teammates on Team Throttle Monster.
- What are some of your interests/hobbies/favorite pastimes?
I love baseball, hockey, monster trucks, construction and anything that’s mechanically hands on. I also love building furniture.
- Who are your role models?
- Do you have any pre-show rituals you run through?
I have to listen to Seek and Destroy by Metallica.
- What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I played for Team USA in the Junior Olympics when I played hockey at 11 years old.
- What is your favorite memory on or off the racetrack?
My favorite memory has to be when I got to debut my own name, Wrecking Machine.
- What is your most prized possession?
LIFE ON THE ROAD
- What is the best and worst thing about being on the road every weekend with Monster Jam?
The best part is thinking back to when I was a little kid and wanted to do this, and now here I am. The worst part is doing five shows on weekends and having a lot of late nights.
- While on tour, what is your favorite thing to do during your free time?
I like to go out to a nice dinner with all my teammates.
- How do you keep fit?
I eat light. When I’m working on the trucks every day, I’m always moving fast, picking up heavy parts and pushing around tires.
- What item(s) can you not live without while traveling on the road with Monster Jam?
- What is your favorite city to travel to?
Green Bay, WI, USA
- How did you get started competing in Monster Jam?
My dad started driving when I was about 8 years old. I started going to as many shows as possible to learn as much as I could, and that opened up the door for me to get my foot in when the time was right.
- What is your favorite part about competing in Monster Jam?
Seeing the smiles on all the fans faces knowing my performance pleased them.
- How would you describe your driving style?
Safe, but on the ragged edge enough to put on a great show. I love old school skills such as slap wheelies.
- What advice would you give to kids who want to become a Monster Jam driver?
Follow your dreams and get good grades because this kid did.
- What is your greatest memory as a Monster Jam driver?
My first debut show
- Who in Monster Jam do you look up to for inspiration?
Growing up it was Dennis Anderson, but current day it’s Tyler Menninga.
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite television show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite restaurant on the road?
Buffalo Wild Wings
- How would your friends and family describe you?
Funny, smart, outgoing, talented and loving
ARENA SERIES EAST
CHAMPION: WESTON ANDERSON
POINTS THROUGH May 14, 2023
|1||Weston Anderson||Grave Digger||1656||-|
|2||Armando Castro||El Toro Loco||1404||-252|
|3||Dalton Widner/Paul Jensen||Jurassic Attack||1278||-378|
|5||Bernard Lyght/Dustin Brown||Megalodon||1112||-544|
|7||Hunter Souza||Earth Shaker||768||-888|
|8||Frank Krmel||Stone Crusher||632||-1024|